Sample Career Episode 1 For Mechanical Engineer
Production of Nuts & Bolts
Location:Tahliwal Una Himachal Pradesh, INDIA
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Organization: Deepak Fastener Ltd. (UNBRAKO)
Deepak Fastener limited is a manufacturing company. I was recruited as a Mechanical engineer in this company. The primary products were stainless steel nuts and bolts of different sizes, step bolts, full thread studs, etc. As per the demand of the customer, DFL also does zinc Hot-Dip galvanizing, which prevents the material from the corrosion. And auto black to the products after finally manufactured. The Company also has a Heat Treatment Plant, where the company worked on heat treating 8.8 hardened material.
- I was also responsible for the maintenance of Bolt making machines, lathe machines, generators range 600KVA, Air compressors, forklifts.
- I was also responsible for the burner’s temperature, which we were used for maintaining the temperature of the furnace. The furnace was mainly used for the hot-dip galvanizing and the melting point of the Zinc was maintained from 428 degrees to 435 degrees.
- I used Vernier caliper and micrometer to ensure about the quality of the bolts and nuts.
- I paid attention to the bolt’s diameter and pitch according to the specified dimensions.
- I must be very careful about the full length of the bolt and its thread length.
- I conducted the productivity maximization of the workers and machinery.
- I worked on following the specifications of the product with the quality control measures maintained in the work tenure.
- I calculated the worker’s number for the production line.
- I utilized the HexES software for the linking of the database with the in-built domain knowledge.
- I did the expert software model development mainly for performing the decision from the Grade ‘A’ required parameter.
- I used the raw material which was being delivered directly from the vendor and after inspection, these SS wires were attached to the bolt making machines and final setting done by the operator.
During my job, I have learned about production planning and control. I learned, how to take care of the machineries by doing PMS and instruct the operators about the safe working of the machines. I learned about management, which developed my zeal to handle all situations. I have also learned about the heat treatment plant, where nuts and bolts were heat-treated by passing them from several stages.
Sample Career Episode 2 For Mechanical Engineer
Title of Project: Development of the Security Facilities
The King AbdulahIbnAbdulaziz project for the development of the security facilities for MOI KAP 2E projects was in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. These projects were running in the 3 different regions of Saudi Arabia. My duties were on the maintenance of all kinds of major and minor equipment. Joannou&Paraskevaides (Overseas) limited and known as J&P (S.A) Limited. I was recruited from India by facing an interview. I was employed in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. My designation was plant engineer.
- I had to supervise periodic maintenance of the major machines like Bulldozers, Wheel Loaders, Mobile cranes, tower cranes, generators (25kva to 1300Kva), Digger Loaders, Excavators and etcetera. And minor equipment like concrete vibrators, welding sets (3 Phase), hydraulic breakers, plate compactors, Genset (5kva to 10kva).
- Apart from the equipment, I had to maintain the overall records of spare parts and lubricants like engine oil (15W40), hydraulic oil (B-68), and transmission oil (80W90) mostly used coolant and grease.
- I used the ERP software for inserting the service record data and SAP was primarily used for maintaining a record of spare parts and fuel records.
- I worked on performing the maintenance commotions for the minor and major equipment well-being.
- I noted that the spare part number was obtained with the catalog assistance and preparation was done for the garage requisition for ordering the required spare.
The company was handover the duties and responsibilities to me of their expensive machinery. I served my duty with all my good efforts to accomplish the project with good quality and safety of the workers as well. I utilized my all skills in mechanical engineering and built up my management skills. I learned the latest technologies and learn to find out troubleshoot and how to diagnose. All the duties were carefully completed under the monitor of my seniors.
Sample Career Episode 3 For Mechanical Engineer
Project Name: Advanced Transport Infrastructure
The Company is an Indian based construction company having a stronghold in elevated flyovers and bridges. The head office is situated in the Panchkula sector 12 and the head material store department is situated in DeraBassi, Punjab.I joined S.P Singla Constructions Pvt. Ltd, they recruited me as a mechanical engineer based on my previous experience. I had spent my first 6 months at the Signature Bridge project, which is situated in Gujarat state worth INR690,000000 under the surveillance ofclient Ministry of road transport and highway. After 6 months I got transferred from the Signature bridge project to 4 Lane Elevated flyover project 5.2km length in the state of Jammu and Kashmirto be executed on EPC Basis (Pkg-II) worth INR280,00,0000.
- I mainly focused on the maintenance of the equipment whether it is mechanical equipment or electrical.
- I verified the safety features of the machine to prevent any casualties during the workload.
- I made sure that the safety personnel was always worked along with the civil department and mechanical department.
- I daily investigated the running conditions of the overhead cranes (Gantry 50MT), the most affected area is the wheels of the cranes.
- I obtained the accepted working dimensions of the wheels which were 22mm to 15mm. The collar of the wheels was worn out due to the high intense pressure on them. So, to prevent any major loss, periodically maintenance was required.
The current project is highly responsible and helps me to robust my maintenance skills in this field. Finalizing maintenance tasks on time and take care of the environment as well. Dumping waste oil and other lubricants and encouraging our maintenance team for adopting safety features first. I am building up my knowledge daily and we almost cover 40 % of the project. Nation’s development can only be seen with the efforts of construction companies. My understanding of the mechanical engineering field can significantly be boosted with the work completed.
Summary Statement Sample For Mechanical Engineer
These are the competency Units and Elements. These elements must be addressed in the Summary Statement (see Section C). If you are applying for assessment as a Professional Engineer, you will need to download this page, complete it and lodge it with your application.
|A brief summary of how you have applied the element
|Paragraph number in the career episode(s) where the element is addressed
|PE1 KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL BASE
|PE1.1 Comprehensive, theory-based understanding of the underpinning natural and physical sciences and the engineering fundamentals applicable to the engineering discipline
|I applied the mechanical engineering expertise well for understanding the physical sciences principles and these linked well for getting the work results.
|CE 1.1, CE 2.3, CE 3.1
|PE1.2 Conceptual understanding of the mathematics, numerical analysis, statistics and computer and information sciences which underpin the engineering discipline
|I understood the numerical analysis concepts which had direct link with the information sciences principles and it resulted well in achieving the project objectives.
|CE 1.4, CE 2.6, CE 3.4
|PE1.3 In-depth understanding of specialist bodies of knowledge within the engineering discipline
|I understood the technical concepts well with the knowledge usage and the chemical engineering principles assisted well in achieving the project objectives.
|CE 1.7, CE 2.8, CE 3.7
|PE1.4 Discernment of knowledge development and research directions within the engineering discipline
|I did the knowledge development research with the conceptual skills understanding which brought timely work results.
|CE 1.10, CE 2.10, CE 3.9
|PE1.5 Knowledge of contextual factors impacting the engineering discipline
|I analyzed the contextual factors which had direct influence on the chemical engineering concepts for getting the specified work results.
|CE 1.8, CE 2.7, CE 3.6
|PE1.6 Understanding of the scope, principles, norms, accountabilities and bounds of contemporary engineering practice in the specific discipline
|I analyzed the norms and principles well when undertook the chemical engineering concepts and achieved the project goals within the defined project timeline.
|CE 1.12, CE 2.10, CE 3.11
|PE2 ENGINEERING APPLICATION ABILITY
|PE2.1 Application of established engineering methods to complex engineering problem solving
|I did the implementation of the complex engineering activities for sorting the issues related to chemical engineering and achieved the project objectives.
|CE 1.9, CE 2.8, CE 3.9
|PE2.2 Fluent application of engineering techniques, tools and resources
|I fluently applied the engineering resources with the resources and tools usage which assisted well in getting the specified project results.
|CE 1.11, CE 2.10, CE 3.10
|PE2.3 Application of systematic engineering synthesis and design processes
|I implemented the design processes with the systematic engineering concepts and it assisted well in getting the work results.
|CE 1.8, CE 2.9, CE 3.8
|PE2.4 Application of systematic approaches to the conduct and management of engineering projects
|I systematically applied the work approach in the project for conducting and managing the chemical engineering work which resulted well in getting the specified project results.
|CE 1.12, CE 2.12, CE 3.11
|PE3 PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
|PE3.1 Ethical conduct and professional accountability
|I managed the project ethical activities with the ethical conduct maintained throughout the tenure.
|CE 1.10, CE 2.10, CE 3.12
|PE3.2 Effective oral and written communication in professional and lay domains
|I conducted the oral and written communication skills in the work in a professional manner which assisted well in achieving the project goals.
|CE 1.9, CE 2.8, CE 3.10
|PE3.3 Creative innovative and proactive demeanour
|I implemented the innovative and proactive demeanour in the work which was mainly dependent on analyzing various concepts for achieving the project related results.
|CE 1.12, CE 2.12, CE 3.11
|PE3.4 Professional use and management of information
|I professionally utilized and managed the information well for getting the specified project results.
|CE 1.8, CE 2.7, CE 3.9
|PE3.5 Orderly management of self, and professional conduct
|I did the management of the project activities with the self-management skills which was linked well with the professional conduct.
|CE 1.11, CE 2.11, CE 3.8
|PE3.6 Effective team membership and team leadership
|I effectively managed the team membership concepts in the project under the assistance of the project supervisor.
|CE 1.7, CE 2.6, CE 3.7