A competency demonstration report is a requirement if you are a fresher in any field of engineering and want to work in Australia. However, there may be some exemplar when you require showing relevant experience apart from your academic qualifications.
This report mainly showcases the candidate’s abilities or competencies to handle responsible engineering designations. Engineers Australia is the assessing bodies that evaluate a candidate’s skills and knowledge and then select or reject them. A well demonstrated CDR Report is crucial in deciding a candidate’s future, and guidelines to achieve a successful application Migration skills assessment booklet is a must go through for all the applicants writing CDR Project Report.
How To Write CDR Report for Biomedical Engineers ? Ask An Expert help
Medical specialty engineering’s field narrows its focus to innovating advances that improve human health and health care at the least bit levels. A biomedical engineer (Anzsco 233913) combines engineering principles with biology and medical science and hence creates equipment that can use in the health industry.
There are various sub-disciplines in biomedical engineering,
- together with the design and the development of passive and
- active medical devices, orthopedic implants, medical imaging, biomedical signal processing, stem and tissue cell engineering, and clinical engineering.
- They generally work in laboratories, clinics, workshops.
- They are hired in a wide range of industries, including health care services, universities, research centers, charities, hospitals, or equipment manufacturing firm.
How To Write Career Episode Biomedical Engineer Australia?
The three career episodes account for your engineering study and work experience and are regarded as the recognizable period of your engineering activity. It is written in 1000 words to 2500 words and in the first person singular to present your individual skills and competencies. It can be filled with information such as how your engineering knowledge helped you perform in the nominated occupation. You can circle around on these points, such as – an engineering task you have managed and concluded as a part of your engineering study. A particular position you held or currently accruing. Any particular engineering problem you solved with your strategy. Details and objectives of the projects you worked on.
Ask An Expert Help On Sample CDR Report Biomedical Engineer
- Introduction- This section will present an overview of your career episode, which is written in 100 to 200 words. You can include joining to the ending date of your fieldwork. Name of the organization that you worked for—location of your site. You’re ranking in the organizational chart. Special responsibilities are handed over to you during the site work.
- The background section of the CER- this background information helps you to present a detailed assessment of your competencies and skills in about 200 to 500 words. You can write the objective and specification of the project you are a part of. You can also mention the details about the work location and areas that you are a part of. You can deliver a detailed view of your ranking in the organization as well as the responsibilities on your shoulder given by the organization management, or you can mention any official statement highlighting your duties.
- Personal engineering activities- this is the key assessable element in the CDR report, and it is required to be chronic, with about 500 to 1200 words. Writing this, you must clearly associate your role in the group that performed activities. This part must include all details like the work designated to you and what it is, and how you performed it. You need to focus more on how you used your knowledge and skills, and what problems you have faced, the solutions you found, and the strategies you formulated. Avoid writing regarding the previous leader, the history of your company, or your team’s performance. See that the knowledge has relevancy to your current engineering tasks and comes completed or in progress.
- Summary statement- This is the last part of the CDR report, and it sums up giving your view of the project and whatever the project could meet the goal or demand in 50-100 words. The summary statement in the CDR report results from the analysis you carried out concerning the career episodes. It is also used as a reference of your competencies given in the career episode content, and for easy reference, you have to number the content paragraphs in the career episode to highlight its connection in the career statement.
CPD For Biomedical Engineer Australia
- this section of your CDR Report should justify your up-to-date developments within the engineering field from the time you finished yours beneath graduate studies. The main points should be listed with the title, date, length, and venue and include:-
- Any formal postgraduate study.
- Technical inspections and conferences, workshops, seminars, short-courses, and discussion groups attended.
- Research materials that you prepared for seminars or conferences.
- Services like a committee or board volunteering or mentoring are offered to the engineering profession.
- Any private study was undertaken through publishing manuals, journals, or books.
Salary Package In Australia
The average salary of a biomedical engineer (ANZSCO Code is 233913) who has experience of more than five years is 64700 AUD$. At the same time, a candidate whose experience is more than 10 to 20 years is about 71000 to 91000 AUD$ per year.
Roles And Responsibilities
- They are required to develop new instruments or medical devices, such as diagnostic sensors and other therapeutic devices.
- Able to discover and develop medical standards equipment for electromagnetic radiation and ultrasound.
- Able to carry out bio-electric research of the brain and heart.
- They are required to create new materials and/or artificial organs that are needed for effective implantations.
- They are required to work with patients as well as other healthcare professionals to deliver the services.
- They are required to have sound knowledge of mechanics for analyzing the musculoskeletal systems of human beings and designing supportive devices for assisting patient rehabilitation.
- Able to apply the methodology and understanding of physics, computing, engineering mathematics, material science, physical chemistry, etc.
- Able to revise the structure and functions of living systems.
- Able to research on prevention and treatment of various human diseases.